what the catholic church really teaches about homosexuality
THE BASICSAnger. Frustration. Hatred. These are the common emotions of thousands concerning the Catholic Church’s teaching on homosexuality. Is the rage justified? Or is it misguided? What does the Church really teach about homosexuality?
We need to raise $70,000 to produce the documentary "Unnatural Law?", which will explain the Church’s teaching on homosexuality in a beautiful and compelling way.
THE FILMProduced by Blackstone Films, "Unnatural Law?" will be a 20-30 minute documentary film. Through the use of a powerful story, beautiful imagery and moving music, "Unnatural Law?" will dispel misconceptions about homosexuality and unveil the Church's truly compassionate and forward-thinking position on the issue. It will consist of poignant interviews with leadership figures in the Church, Catholics who live with same-sex attractions and find great joy and freedom in the Church's teaching on the subject, and leading mental health experts from across the country. The final product will be released in late 2013 and distributed primarily via the internet, so that anyone can see it, whenever, wherever, for FREE.
The film will also be available for purchase on DVD so that Youth Ministers, Pastors, Teachers, and the Lay Faithful can help educate others about the Church's teaching.
HOW THE FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN WORKSWe have until December 8th, 2012, to reach the necessary threshold of $70,000. If we don’t reach the goal by that deadline, all credit card pledges will be refunded, however, the project fails. If we do reach the goal, we will be able to proceed with the production of "Unnatural Law?". Documentaries typically cost tens of thousands of dollars per minute, so every dime we raise over $70,000 will only increase the quality of the production.
WHERE THE FUNDS GOThe funds raised for this project will go straight towards equipment, crew, travel expenses, stock footage, music, any necessary location permits and interview stipends.
BEHIND THE SCENESThis film is being produced by Blackstone Films with the guidance of Executive Producer Fr. John Hollowell. Fr. Hollowell is a Priest of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, writes the blog On This Rock, and is best known for his viral video "I Have A Say". To find out more about Blackstone Films, feel free to peruse this site.
WHAT WILL BE SAID?Fr. Hollowell has done extensive research on the issue of homosexuality. For more information about his findings, which are the basis of the film, watch the videos below.
How You Can Help
- Pray. Pray for the successful funding of the project - and for its final completion. Prayer is the most powerful help anyone can offer.
- Donate. $1. $5. $10. $10,000. Even the smallest donation goes a long way towards helping us reach the goal.
- Share this project with your friends. Facebook, Twitter, Email, however you want to get the word out. We need as many people as possible to hear about "Unnatural Law?".
- Like "Unnatural Law?" on Facebook to help stay connected with the project.
- Support Blackstone Films by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter, and subscribing to our YouTube channel. We will be providing exclusive updates through these channels.
| Follow @blackstonefilms
- Stay in touch via Email Updates!